Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tonja Yoga Tour--Final countdown

My first blog, good lawzz, i am so Urban Amish!!! I am getting ready to hit the road again on Yoga Tour 2009. This time, destination, Croatia!! I have been invited to teach in Croatia by Linden Tree Retreat Center. They have set up other workshops for me to teach in Zagreb , Dubrovnic and Split. I am getting so excited!

Packing up my house for my sublet, don't forget to pack my Lululemon yoga clothes  chocolate, bike, passport and i'm ready !!

Has anyone ever cycled in Croatia?? I'd love your stories or advice.

I invite you to "friend" me on Facebook, on Tonja Renee Hall to keep up with my trip or check my website, www.tonjareneehall.com or blog http//tonjasyogatour.com. Blog info on Facebook.

Have a great week!!

xo, Tonja

2 comments:

  1. I was remembering the first time i ever did a Headstand on an airplane as i was shifting my increasingly sore bum on my 22 hour flight to Zagreb, trying to find one little spot that didn't hurt. It was on a British Air flight from France, after my sis won 7th in the World for Cyclocross World Championship in 2006. All the Attendants had gone to bed and i crept back to the furthest Galley back, and put my head on the shaking floor. What a thrill to toss my legs up in the air, and balance feeling the vibrations from the plane through my skull and up my back to my toes!! Plus, it feels so amazingly wicked to get away with something you aren't supposed to...You might be proud of your Mile High status, but try a Headstand, and really have bragging rights!!
    My first day i was picked up by Katerina, friend of my Hostess, and we shoved my bike in her small Euro car. She is very generous and she and her procousious 12 year old daughter, Petra and i are sharing her small appartment that is nearly swollowed up by my stuff.
    For the last two days, she drove me somewhere near the Bosnian border where she participates in a sustainable farming project called EcoSense.Apparently, eco farming is an underground way of life for some peeps in Croatia and they are looked upon with some distain, like rebels. They are a total blast, and very passionate about there idea to live totally off the grid. I spent the day scrubbing myself with bright red clay, swimming in the mineral lake, and drinking homemade hooch that the bee keeper brought us by the campfire. The stars were so low they sat on your nose.
    Today, back in Zagreb,i made contact with one of my host Studios, Divya (www.yogazagreb.com) the owner Sandra was so excited to finally meet me!! We have a workshop at Divya at the end of October and it's ment to be very popular.
    I am getting itchy feet and will finally meet up with my Hostess, Marija at the Train Station, that will take us, my bike, and stuff to Linden Retreat (www.lindenretreat.com)
    I can't wait to set up my bike, hit the trails, and play some yoga in mountain air!!
    Then, the adventure will begin....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. capri workout pants

    ReplyDelete